Saturday, July 04, 2009

Have a good 4th!

I love holidays..all of them to be quite honest,
but after this year, Independence Day is beginning to take the lead.
The whole aspect of family getting together in celebration warms me.
The 4th of July has always been a fun, family oriented, beachy, food filled,
all American kind of way to celebrate eachother, our country, our freedom, our history, and those that serve us. God bless America!!!

"Fire in the Hole!"

We went to our local mall for the annual fireworks manifesto. They were late, as usual.
Start time of 9:00pm was really 9:20 - just like last year.
Oh well, I kinda feel like the tardiness is part of the tradition now.
So they finally started shooting them off, and it was
awesome.
Truly the best I've seen in a long time.
I took manymanymany photos,
and instead of hurting myself by picking favorites,
I decided to post
every single one of them
while I watched Kill Bill Vol.1. (♥)
I've got nothin' but time baby.

I hope everyone had a fun & safe weekend.
xo
Enjoy the pretty explosives!


Yes, you're seeing it correctly.
My motley crew had the best seat in the house,
ontop of the Suburban.




















Begin oohs and ahs......


here...

and here...



here would be good too...




definitely here...




I'm sure you get the idea. :)













Of course for the full "ooh & ah" effect,
you should click to enlarge any or all of these beauties.
















































































































































































































































My baby looks like she has daddy longlegs...but nope, it's Charlee laying in her lap. Sweet sissies.




Random cute kid with sparkler.















This is the Hawaiian Shaved Ice hut with a never ceasing line. (seriously, it was insane)


5 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

that was really fun to scroll through. Like being there!

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

Great pics! Hope you had a great forth!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had fun. Sorry about the tattoo. Always remember you should never trust a clown!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I read your profile, really cute and funny :). I liked seeing all those fire works, i am sorry i missed seeing them in person, but as u can imagine, they dont celebrate the 4th of july in the uk.

Tasha Jade said...

Wow that makes me want to celebrate too! All we have is Australia day where we celebrate the day we invaded Australia and killed everyone. I hate it so much. Kind of makes it rude to celebrate huh?
And thank you for the amazing comment, I used to be extremely shy in primary school and teased but I found out that you don't get teased for having a good sense of humour...so I went with it! I am glad you did too :D
Yay!